- 2 cups plain flour
- ½ cup salt
- 2 tablespoons of cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups of boiling water
- Food coloring
What to do
- Mix flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a large mixing bowl
- In another bowl add water and mix it with food coloring
- Add both mixtures together
- Stir until combined (it still might be sticky)
- Allow it to rest
- Take it out of the bowl and knead it until the stickiness is gone
- If after a few minutes of kneading it’s still sticky then keep adding small amounts of flour. Keep adding until you have reached perfect play dough consistency.
For ideas on how to play with play dough and a list of skills your child is working on check out the Turbo charge your kids fine motor development through play dough post.